After almost two years of staying at home in slippers and sweats, and a grim month during April, all we want to do now is go outside and play! Our team of experts helped to compile the following list of their favorite outdoor spots where you can enjoy being active around the island or in close proximity to Montreal.
- Located east of the island of Montreal, Parc Pointe aux Prairies offers you an interesting nature stopover. With its 15-kilometers dirt track, it’s a well-kept secret for walking, running or biking.
- Take your family or friends to Cap St-Jacques Beach (20,099 Gouin O., in Pierrefonds) where you can have fun taking part in a variety of activities such as kayaking, canoeing, and pedal-boating.
- Situated north of the island of Montreal, Parc de l’Île de la Visitation (2,425 Gouin E.) allows you to combine hiking and discovering the charming history of the area. It’s a perfect place for walking, cycling and even fishing.
- Cyclist lovers, Gilles Villeneuve racetrack is also an ideal place for in-line skating. After your workout on its excellent track, you can relax with a pleasant picnic on l’Île Ste-Hélène.
- Located between St-Jérôme and Mont-Laurier, Parc Linéaire du Petit Train du Nord’s bikeways offer you a virtual cycle touring adventure with its rolling hills and beautiful scenery.
- Maisonneuve Park is worth a detour to the east of Montreal. For running, rolling, inline skating and all other park activities, it’s hard to beat. The walk between the Metro and the part passing through the Olympic Stadium can also be very interesting.
- Among a multitude of physical activities, the old port of Montreal offers pedal boating and Voiles en Voiles, an adventure park that has aerial courses for a real balancing challenge that guarantees muscle soreness the next day.
- In the heart of downtown, put on your running shoes and go for a walk or run on Mont-Royal. From your first strides you will have the impression of having left the city. A soon as government restrictions are lifted, you can also take advantage of our many group classes with our expert instructors that will held in the park once the weather warms up.
The entire MAA team hopes that you get the most out of this summer!