The MAA is one of the oldest athletic sports clubs that still exits in North America. Apart from banking institutions, there are not very many businesses that can proudly say they have been in operation for over 100 years. The Club was founded in 1881, making it older than the automobile, record player, television, the first kodak camera, airplanes, and many other inventions from the past century. With a heritage that spans 142 years, the MAA also survived two World Wars, and two pandemics.
A new chapter is being written for the MAA. The total reconstruction of our historical building on Peel Street is set to be complete by the summer of 2023, when we will unveil 50,000 square feet of new space. It will be perfectly designed to rediscover your taste for socializing and training in an entirely reinvented sports facility.
The fitness room will be fully equipped with machines that will connect to members’ devices and will allow them to get their programs and workout statistics in real time directly on their cell phones. The data of their cardiovascular and muscular efforts will thus be available to those who wish to use it.
Our locker rooms will be complete with permanent lockers of different sizes, and laundry service will allow members to come and train whenever they want without having to bring anything with them.
7 LARGE STUDIOS AND A FUNCTIONAL AREA
Seven large studios, as well as a functional space will allow members to choose from over 175 group classes every week:
- A dance, barre and sculpt studio,
- A Zen studio for yoga, Pilates and stretch,
- A studio for HIIT, bootcamp, functional circuit training, and circus classes,
- A spinning studio with theater-size screen to live a unique sensory experience,
- A studio for our specialty PowerWatts classes with eight bikes,
- A private studio for Pilates on the reformer machine,
A studio for boxing and other specialty classes,
- A fully equipped functional area,
- Each space will have its own signature and identity.
GROUP CLASS PROGRAM
- The group class schedule will include several exclusive offerings given by the best instructors in Montreal.
- The all-inclusive membership plan will include most of the classes, therefore being the perfect place for those who like the variety and simplicity of having everything under one roof.
- There will also be certain classes that will be available for non-members.
THE CLUB WILL ALSO HAVE
- Steam rooms, saunas, and a private massage therapy room will be available in both men’s and women’s locker rooms.
- We will have a full service sports clinic in the Club offering physiotherapy, osteopathy, as well as massage and athletic therapies.
- The Club will also have two squash courts, a half-basketball court, a 25-meter pool with three lanes and an adjacent jacuzzi and outdoor terrace.
- There will be a relaxation room where you can go to unwind, relax and reset in a soothing, calming environment.
- The restaurant will bring together members, friends and family for a nice lunch break, after a long day at work or an intense workout.
In 1881 the MAA was originally formed from the amalgamation of three competitive sports clubs of the era. To celebrate our 142nd anniversary and reopening, we are bringing back the motivating and social experience of being part of a competitive Club. We are reviving our running club, our masters swim team, and developing a triathlon, squash, obstacle course and other teams according to the interests of our members.
Our ambition is to be the highlight of your day and become the addiction of which you’ll be most proud.
Follow us for all the information related to the new Club and the opening date in the summer of 2023.
Subscribe to our New MAA newsletter to receive all the details and have access to pre-registration offers.